Levin Management Corporation (LMC) serves as a trusted commercial real estate services provider for institutional and private owners. Our award-winning company helps clients evaluate options, operate properties, and create case-specific solutions to protect and improve asset value. Through our more than 70-year history, we have distinguished ourselves as a firm large enough to excel in assignments of any scale while continuing to employ a hands-on, proprietary approach in every facet of our business. We are well known as a single-source expert for leasing and managing retail properties, and we apply the same comprehensive management skills across other property types – including office and industrial. Our capabilities continue to evolve with new technologies, efficiencies, and sustainability-focused initiatives to serve a new generation of properties, investors, and tenants.
We are currently sourcing for an experienced Property Manager to join our Property Management Department. The Property Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of projects within their assigned portfolio of properties. The Property Manager responsibilities are of a varying and complex nature including, but not limited to, coordinating landlord and tenant work related tasks, status reporting, budgeting, estimating, scheduling, and coordinating any tasks required to deliver possession to a new tenant. The Property Manager is the liaison between LMC, the tenant, and the tenant’s architects, consultants, and contractors throughout the planning and construction process of the assigned project.
The candidate must have past retail property management experience that will enable them to be influential in the areas of operations, tenant relations, security, procurement, contract management and risk management to achieve maximum productivity and profitability while maintaining the highest level of corporate standards. This person will have the highest level of personal integrity, intelligence, and broad thinking characteristics to succeed.
- Develop and review annual property operating budgets, monitor all purchases and expenses to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with budget parameters, prepare monthly variance reports and quarterly budget reforecast reports.
- Create and maintain operational standards and procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations.
- Manage all controllable expenses within budget without compromising the portfolio’s operational integrity.
- Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition on a scheduled basis (including night inspections), compliance, and overall administration.
- Determine job specifications and competitively bid all large maintenance projects and service agreements.
- Submit all routine reports including activity reports, variance reports, property inspections, roof inspections and lighting reports for monthly narrative report to third party clients (based on client’s requirements). Make note of repairs that are needed, review conditions, and evaluate subcontractor performance. Schedule and complete repairs that are in budget. Submit recommendations and quotes for over budget repairs, for approval.
- You will be the primary contact with third-party clients designated contact person.
- Work cooperatively with Tenant Coordination and Construction to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business.
- Coordinate on vacant spaces (i.e. inspection of premises prior to tenant vacating, lock changes, condition of premises/HVAC reports, space dimensions form, general clean- up, installing leasing signs, assuming utility accounts, periodic inspection of vacancies).
- Responsible for processing all payables associated with assigned portfolio in a timely manner and approval of property expenses.
- Understand the significant issues affecting a property's performance. Implement programs or make recommendations to correct problems and enhance positive aspects of each property.
- Interface with: Leasing agent, construction personnel, accounting, assistant controller (collections manager), and risk management
- Coordinate tenant
- Tenant complaint response
- In-person tenant visits
- Lease and CAM audit issues
- Point of contact for tenant coordination
- Point of contact for Lease Assignments, License Agreement, Sign Agreement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Property Management
- Must have a minimum of 4 - 7 years’ prior experience managing retail shopping centers.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office software, Building Engines, Avid, and DocuSign
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, monitoring expenses, preparing monthly management and financial reports.
- Previous direct responsibility for negotiating and monitoring maintenance projects and service contracts.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action.
Levin Management Corporation is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, nationality, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Levin Management Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies.