Levin Management Corporation (LMC) serves as a trusted commercial real estate services provider for institutional and private owners. Our award-winning company helps clients evaluate options, operate properties, and create case-specific solutions to protect and improve asset value. Through our more than 70-year history, we have distinguished ourselves as a firm large enough to excel in assignments of any scale while continuing to employ a hands-on, proprietary approach in every facet of our business. We are well known as a single-source expert for leasing and managing retail properties, and we apply the same comprehensive management skills across other property types – including office and industrial. Our capabilities continue to evolve with new technologies, efficiencies, and sustainability-focused initiatives to serve a new generation of properties, investors, and tenants.
We are currently sourcing for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Department. This position is responsible for the analysis and preparation of financial statements for all entities under their control. The job entails effectively monitoring and accounting for all financial transactions for multiple real estate properties and assets. The individual interacts directly with property management, leasing and construction departments.
The successful candidate has a solid understanding of accounting principles, strong analytical and problem-solving talents as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. After adequate training and coaching, individual is expected to be the point of contact for all accounting matters of their assignments and provide results with minimal or no review. This person will have the highest level of personal integrity, intelligence, and broad thinking characteristics to succeed.
- Work in partnership with Property Management, Leasing and Construction Departments for the properties and entities the Staff Accountant is responsible for:
- Analyze revenues and expenses.
- Assist in preparation of interim and annual common area maintenance (CAM), real estate tax, and insurance reconciliations for tenants.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and review.
- Assists in the management accounts payable and process vendor payments.
- Assists in the verification of tenant billings and ensure timely collection and receipt applications.
- Produce monthly financial reports, schedules and packages which are distributed to clients, owners, and management.
- Reconcile financial information and post necessary accruals, adjustments, depreciation, accrued interest, etc.
- Ensure all income, expenses, partner capital transactions, prepaid and deferred costs for the accounting period are accurately reflected.
- Maintain organized work papers with appropriate support and documentation.
- Provide financial information, documentation and analyses as requested by owners, management, and external parties (such as independent auditors).
- Respond to and resolve issues and requests from management and clients regarding various accounting issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3 to 5 years accounting experience (after obtaining undergraduate degree).
- Strong understanding of accounting theory/terms and methods, including GAAP, accrual, and cash bases.
- An intermediate level of knowledge of accounting functions, including bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, mortgages/loans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) With regards to Excel, should be able to analyze large amounts of data as well as incorporate certain functions to aid in performing the task at hand efficiently.
- Personal traits:
- Diverse analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet assigned deadlines for maximum results.
- Adapt and accept change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with excellent time management skills.
- Familiar/knowledgeable of the real estate industry, specifically commercial retail properties.
- Knowledge and experience with real estate accounting applications such as Integrated Business Systems (IBS), MRI and/or Yardi.
Levin Management Corporation is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, nationality, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Levin Management Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies.